Do you seek a worthwhile activity to engage ALL learners either as an enrichment day or embedded as part of your wider curriculum?
Are you currently delivering Health & Social Care and want students to experience the practical assessment tasks?
What work skill qualifications do your Y11’s and 6th formers leave school with?
Do they have one of the stand out First Aid qualifications on their CV?
Our provision and delivery is based around your needs.Option 1:
Regular Lessons As Part Of PSHE or Wider School Curriculum
- We deliver first sessions approx. 2 hrs to groups of 30 students within normal lesson time
- Delivered as part of PSHE over a series of weeks (location dependent).
- Various topics available
- Links and sessions offered in line with DofE or Sports Leaders specifications
- Lesson Plans, SoW, Assessment workbooks, resources all available
A Year Group In A Day
“Thanks for being a valuable part of our Y11 drop down day. It was an invaluable experience for students who went away with more confidence and a better understanding of what to do in life threatening situations.”Liz Britton Lead on PHSE & Healthy Schools Co-ordinator Lawnswood School, LeedsOption 3:
- Incorporate First Aid training as part of an enrichment or drop down day.
- Recommend 2 hour sessions of approx. 30 students.
- Topics covered include, CPR, use of a Defibrillator, Choking, Head Injuries, Bleeding, Asthma, Shock.
- Certificates for ALL.
Health & Social Care
“For those of you completing R031 we had Sam from icansavealife in school for the whole day. I have to say it was superb! The kids were engaged all day and he set up real life scenarios. They loved it. They all had the opportunity to demonstrate their skills for task 4 and he signed off all their witness statements. I would thoroughly recommend and he and his partner are willing to travel.”Lois Bramley, Health & Social Care Lead, Branton Community Academy, Lincoln.Option 4:
- Can link in to various courses e.g. Cambridge National Level 2 Unit R031.
- Delivery of all or part of the course.
- A popular option is to cover all the LO3 practical assessment elements.
- Witness statements can be written and signed off as part of this.
- Minimum of 3 hours is recommended. A full day is more suitable for assessing and providing learners with the maximum opportunities to demonstrate their skills.
- 2 instructors are moderators currently with OCR.
Official First Aid Qualification
- We can deliver an official first aid at work qualification to a cohort of learners as part of the careers/PSHE lessons or after school.
- To undertake this learners have to be Y10 or Y11.
- Can be a full day or after school sessions to minimise impact on curriculum time (location dependent).
- Recognised by all employers and ideal to take into the world of work
- Staff can be trained during the same time
- Lasts for 3 years
Every school is different both in terms of what they require, the timings and the numbers of pupils. The price of each package we put together will depend on these factors as well as distance and number of instructors required.
If you are part of a cluster or academy chain and would like to link several schools together, we would be happy to negotiate a cost based on the number of schools who wished to use us.
We won’t be beaten on the quality of our service and are competitive with all providers offering a similar service.Please get in touch for a quote or a friendly chat. Get In Touch
Call: 07708519464 - Wayne or 07495277721 - Sam
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
We can deliver the official EFAW (emergency first aid at work qualification) to a cohort of learners as part of the careers/PSHE lessons or after school.Get In TouchCall:
07708519464 - Wayne or 07495277721 - Sam
or click here. “Your delivery and activities were pitched at exactly the right level to engage our students. The day was interactive and insightful, catering for a wide range of learning styles. All students recognised the importance of acting swiftly in an emergency and today’s sessions equipped them with the confidence to do just that. Many thanks we will be in touch next year.”Brad Hughes Assistant Head, Parmiters School, Watford
“Thank you for the first aid sessions you delivered to our students. Your unique way of delivery coupled with a range of engaging activities enabled ALL students to access the life skills so vital to young people in society today. We will be using you again.”Gerard Tiernan Assistant Principle / SENCO, Harmonize Academy, Liverpool